Sunday, May 23, 2010

Trader Joe's: Peppermint Toothpaste

Never imagined I'd be writing reviews of toothpaste. So I had to really ponder what exactly is the criteria for judging this unsung yet vital toiletry? What I came up with is three categories: cleaning ability, taste, and consistency. I won't comment too much on the first -- as I'm not a dental hygienist and haven't observed its short or long term dental health affects -- other than that I didn't notice anything adverse. However, I can't say the same about the other two areas. This stuff has a truly odd taste to it, and an even odder consistency. Real chalky, slightly bitter, and pasty like plaster of paris that's been left around and is getting clumpy (not that I've ever brushed my teeth with that). Priced at $1.99 last time I checked, it's a couple bucks less than Tom's Peppermint and on the same shelf so enticing enough to give a shot. But after a tube, Tom's seems well worth the luxury.

Rating: 1.5/ 5 Stars.

Strong points: Cost. Good for arts and crafts projects.

Weak points: Taste, etc.

Goes well with: Tom's PeppermintCase Studies in Dental Hygiene (2nd Edition), Chalkdust Tourture

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails