Monday, May 24, 2010

Trader Joe's: Plain Non Fat Frozen Yogurt

The cool package tricked me into thinking this would be the best dessert I'd ever had. The clean color contrasts, the retro-ish type (resembles Ben & Jerry's style slightly -- subliminal marketing), the cherry on top (yeah, uh, there's no cherry in this yogurt). It's amazing what sweet branding can do. Unfortunately, that's where the sweetness ends. This stuff is incredibly bitter. The package says "pleasantly tart." I would relabel to read: "unpleasantly tart." Don't get me wrong, I like tart treats: lemon sorbet, key lime pie, Sour Patch Kids, whatever. But this is just too much lip puckering for me with no real character or counterpart (sweet, fruity, etc). Again, I can't say the carton doesn't warn; it clearly says "plain" and "tart." So if you don't like those things, I'd heed the disclaimer. Or else you'll have an interesting looking tub of frozen yogurt, with two bites taken out of it, sitting in your freezer for the next year.

Rating: 1/ 5 Stars.

Strong points: Package.

Weak points: VERY tart.

Goes well with: A glass of water, Sour Patch Kids, Bitter Sweet Symphony

1 comment:

  1. I like veggie burgers and its hard to find one that has flavor! This will be on my "buy" list the next time I'm in TJ's.

    Felix

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails